IN THE COMMUNITY
COMMITTED TO THE COMMUNITY 2019 HIGHLIGHTS
Part of our credit union Vision is to help our communities thrive. Whether it’s through financial literacy events, local events, or simply volunteering their time and skills to worthy organizations, these volunteering efforts make up a big part of the credit union difference. We want to give a shout out to our own staff who marked another successful year full of volunteering, fundraising, donating to charity drives and community groups throughout 2019. They are what makes our organization so unique!
Our only ask of our employees is to volunteer a minimum of 3 hours...we averaged 10 hours per person!
Our collective goal for volunteer hours in 2019 was 800 hours, we CRUSHED IT with 1,028.25 hours!
To break it down even further:
- We donated over $4,100 in "Denim for Dollars" donations to local community partner organizations.
- We provided over $30,000 in donations and sponsorships.
- We gave out $10,000 in scholarships.
- We gave a combination of 28 Mortgage Home Buying Coffee Talks, Lunch N Learns, and Community Seminars.
- We provided 15 Presentations to local schools.
- We spent 580 hours with Chambers of Commerce and Business Partners.
- We spent 417 hours of financial counseling, training or presentations to students and adults.
Our Volunteer Day included 95 of our employees helping a variety of different organizations located near our branches.
Columbia residents came out and shredded with us at our annual FREE Shred Day event!
We volunteered at Welcome Home in Columbia for our
We are always here to educate our members. We hosted a money talk event called "Let's Get Pennywise!" in Columbia.
We love working with our communities schools! We volunteered at the New Haven Fall Fest where we sponsored the Sucker Pull for the kids!
The employees of Tigers Community Credit Union raise money for local charities and credit union advocacy by donating $1 to wear jeans on Fridays. Since the launch in 2016, credit union employees raised nearly $14,000 in donations with our Denim for Dollars program!
- City of Columbia
- Columbia Board of Realtors
- Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Columbia School District
- H.E.R.O.E.S. Care
- Welcome Home Inc. : Homeless Veterans Organization
- MU Children's Hospital
- True North of Columbia
- Boy Scouts - Order of Arrow
If your organization is interested in a partnership or donation contact us.
HOME BUYING COFFEE TALK
WHETHER YOU’RE A FIRST TIME (oR IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME) HOMEBUYER, JOIN US
Saturday, March 14
10am - 12pm
Bluff Creek Branch
3310 Bluff Creek Drive, Suite 101
Our Mortgage and Real Estate experts will be on hand to discuss the home buying process over refreshments.
Topics will include:
- Factors that will affect buying a home
- What mortgage lenders look for in a borrower
- Which mortgage solution will work for your situation
- Step-by-Step Tips from the Realtor Perspective, and more
Space is limited. Please RSVP by emailing Stephanie Tyler at STyler@tigerscu.org or calling 573.554.9144.